By booking 1 The Old Signal House (the property) the holidaymaker agrees to the following terms and conditions:
1. The contract shall be between Michael and Janet Harman (the owners) and the holidaymaker. It shall be subject to English law and no other and any dispute will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales. By making the booking, the holidaymaker confirms that he/she is authorised to make the booking on the basis of these Booking Conditions by all other members of the holiday party. The holidaymaker is responsible for making all payments that become due.
2. The submission of the booking request and deposit payment shall constitute an offer by the holidaymaker and a contract shall only come into existence when the owners accept the booking. The total holiday cost will become due 42 days (6 weeks) before the start date of the holiday. Where a booking is made fewer than 42 days before the holiday start date the total holiday cost is due straightaway.
3. Arrival at the property shall be not before 2pm on the start date of the holiday and the property must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure (that is, at the termination of the let).
4. Pets are not permitted at this property, except by prior agreement.
5. The property will be left in a clean and tidy condition and the owners will be reimbursed for any breakages, damage or losses, along with any additional costs that may result. The property shall not be used for any commercial purpose, including without limitation assigning or subletting the property or otherwise allowing anyone to occupy the property who has not previously been accepted by the owners.
6. The property shall be securely locked when not occupied during the holiday let. Access will be allowed to the owners or their employees for the purposes of maintenance of equipment, fixtures and fittings.
7. The owners shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered which is due to any event(s) or circumstance(s) beyond their reasonable control such as fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction or damage of the property by any cause (other than their negligence) and all similar situations. The owners will refund all monies paid for the booking in such circumstances but no compensation, expenses, costs or other sums of any description (including without limitation the cost of securing an alternative property/ accommodation) will be payable in such circumstances.
8. The owners will have no liability for any death or personal injury unless it results from their negligence or that of any employee (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment). No liability is accepted by the owners in respect of damage to, or loss of, personal property except, where the damage or loss is caused by the owners’ negligence or that of any employee (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment).
9. If the holidaymaker cancels the booking no refund will be made of monies paid in respect of the booking. However, if the owners succeed in obtaining a replacement booking then at their sole discretion monies paid will be reimbursed less an administrative charge of £25. If the balance of the total holiday cost is not paid by the appropriate date the owners are entitled to treat the booking as cancelled by the holidaymaker.
10. The owners and their employees are entitled at their sole and absolute discretion to refuse to hand over the property to the holidaymaker, or to repossess it, if they reasonably believe that any damage is likely to be caused, has been caused or is being caused by the holidaymaker or any members their party. These circumstances will be treated as a cancellation by the holidaymaker. The holidaymaker must not allow more than five people to occupy the property, nor significantly change the composition of their party during their occupation of the property, nor can they take a pet into the property or smoke inside it. If the holidaymaker or any member of their party does any of these things the owners can refuse to hand over the property or can repossess it. This will be treated as a cancellation by the holidaymaker. In these situations no refund will be made of any monies paid in respect of the booking and the owners will not have any liability to the holidaymaker or any members of his party as a result of this situation arising.